COB 14.7% 8.6¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Great find @skedia Here are the key sentences of the article...

1. 264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    Great find @skedia Here are the key sentences of the article dated May 13th
    http://www.futurecar.com/2257/Hyundai-Halts-Ioniq-Production-Due-to-Battery-Shortage
    To inform dealers, Hyundai Canada sent out a bulletin entitled, "18My Ioniq EV Short-Term Production Shortage".
    "Due to a temporary global battery supply shortage, the sold order entry system for 18MY Ioniq EV will be closed effective immediately. "
    Although the memo initially went out to Canadian dealers, the battery shortage is worldwide. An account from Green Car Reports says Hyundai admitted the company is facing a global battery shortage. This will affect the availability of the Ioniq in California, which is the only place the car is presently sold in the U.S.
    Hyundai isn't alone. The demand for lithium-ion batteries has skyrocketed with the proliferation of electric vehicles. Whether supply will be able to keep up is questionable.

My interpretation: As the article implies there is a lack of battery production capacity to cope with the booming demand.There is no known shortage of Lithium nor Nickel .Therefore it is possible that a shortage of Cobalt Sulphate is creating production problems for the EV batteries.
    At a glance worldwide Cobalt wharehouse stock levels are now oscillating between 500 and 600 tons only which is really low. But these are referenced as Cobalt Metals: so far I have never found any info on stocks of Cobalt Sulphate which are used in the EV batteries. For all we know they could be even lower, thus Hyundai problems.
    COB is in a sweet spot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.011(14.7%)
Mkt cap ! $36.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 8.8¢ 7.5¢ $92.62K 1.121M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 348755 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 42021 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.