PER 1.35% 7.5¢ percheron therapeutics limited

vwap's still tell the tale..., page-5

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    snicket...

Yes, how can I forget CVI...I lost hundreds of thousands on that exercise...and it has been one of the contributing factors towards why I have spent the last 4 years in the middle of nowhere, doing the hard yards (and I mean hard yards)...working 16 hour days away from home and family.

Instead of getting bitter, dwelling on the past and blaming others for my losses (and I can find plenty to blame)...I understand that in the end, I pushed the buy button and so, there it ends.

For some, accepting responsibilty for their own action is very difficult...perhaps you can relate to this?

My way of dealing with the CVI fiasco was to go out and contribute to building something...of real value...and in this regard I have dedicated my life, and considerable time since to helping generate wealth for others (well beyond the call of duty)...particularly shareholders in a FNQ copper Company.

CVI was a real shock to me...it wiped most of the gains I had enjoyed over the years prior (from many good stocks)...but, perhaps in the interests of balance, you could have also quoted those?

I am sure most would have a few failures over the years...perhaps even you?

Or were they someone elses fault?

We all have a "CVI" in the closet...in fact, of have many of them, including GDN which was a shocker...but I also have the odd good one like FMG, PDN, PNA, NDO, PRR, etc...to quote a few.

What I have learnt over the years is to pay far more attention to the nature of the people running the Company...which includes the board...and more importantly, never EVER feel some sort of stupid loyalty to HC posters to the extent one does not sell when a stock goes bad..such as I did with CVI.

With due respect to all...few if any on HC really give a fat-rats about integrity or otherwsie of other posts...or that I held CVI most of the way back down (well beyond my own stop-loss levels), out of a strange sense of loyalty to HC posters.

I think your post clearly paints how little some HC posters care for others in the HC community.

This is another lesson I have learnt...which is one of the reasons I do not post detailed analysis on my favourite resource stocks these days...as I once did.

Anyway, I have licked my wounds from the failures I have encountered along the way...and moved on...and now treat the whole grubby CVI affair (and others), as a valuable lesson.

Learning from our mistakes leads to enlightenment...dwelling in the past only leads to bitterness, as reflected in your post.

One can never avoid a catastrophe...only try to mitigate the outcome. We can avoid to take any sort of risk all together, but this would literally mean avoiding the stock market completely...period!

If however we choose to play the markets...as most here do...then in the absence of inside information, there is simply no such thing as a risk free investment.

This means, all manner of things can still go wrong with ANP...as with any stock...but I can sincerely say, I do not expect the board of ANP are the types who cannot be trusted.

Without exception, I see this as the single most important contributor to my losing trades.

So...lesson learnt...particularly when a short-term trade (where such things can be less important), turns into a long-term investment through significant capital gains.

Every day is a learning day in the markets...and I choose to keep learning where I can.

If I can ask...have you made any mistakes over the years, and if so, can you share what you learnt from them?

Cheers!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.