w/e 1-4post mortem, page-17

1. 1,174 Posts.
    Great contributions this early into the weekend.
    Nambo - don't apologise for being "longwinded", it's the only time during the week we have to really discuss and explore things amongst ourselves - too much happening during the week to do it justice.

I use nabonline for trading, and it took me a while to sort out the stop loss scenario, but I think I have the hang of it now (as long as I remember that I have put them on...doh!) Depending on what I'm trading I tend to have a high volume trigger relative to the average volume trading for the stock. I don't mind dipping a little but don't want to get caught out if a stock is well & truly getting suddenly dumped. I also like to move the stop loss trigger up as a stock increases to lock in at least brokerage or a small gain.

Does anyone else use nabonlne, because I'm interested in hearing their thoughts on the Professional package with Trading Pro. I am only on the premium package at present, but find having to always refresh the pages annoying (like the hc daytrade threads!). Any thoughts on what nab's charting on this service is like?

Another mia culpa. Wife and I decided to do a bit of research last weekend, starting with aussie bulls, charting via the Age etc and decided that Thor was the go for this week. Had about 4k in the trading kitty, so we'd put 3k into Thor. Got to work, became distracted by clients, and didn't buy. Missed out on a nice earner, and copped a blast for wasting her Sunday evening "looking at those stupid stock things!". Think I'll watch the footy this Sunday.

Piotrvip - don't ask a bean counter about "capital" - I can give you about half a dozen definitions if you like, but they probably won't match what you're looking for. I suppose what I can say though is that I am trading (dt and st) about $47k at present, and hold another $20k in long term investments. Usually have about six dt/st stocks on the go at a time. If I can get to a stage of making a couple of hundred on a trade of 3k a few times a week, and not have too many losses, then I'm happy.

Isn't it interesting after you take a position in a stock, then go to the forum for that stock, particularly if it's been heavily traded. The long termers bag the traders, the traders upramp or downramp, the "no stocks held" get pilloried for their negative comments, and the enthusiasts go ballistic. Amazing what money can do to human nature. I prefer to just spit chips at myself ( Whoosh...KR swooping down for chipfeast)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.