What about your capital position Kevi? Did you still manage to...

1. 12,893 Posts.
    What about your capital position Kevi? Did you still manage to grow last week? From memory I have had two red weeks (capital wise) since the start of the financial year; last week was one of them. I still booked very good trading profits thanks to some of the regulars I am following plus a few others. Overall every month has seen positive capital growth this financial year with 115% YTD growth vs 55% budget (5% per month is my target). January and February have been harder months with 3.6% and 1.1% respectively so I missed my targets there. However the other months have more than made up for it.

Profit wise, I aim for 10K profits per week (on average). I don't actually keep records of the historical weekly trading profits (only the current week) but I do track monthly performance closely as well as profits as a percentage of turnover. YTD profits are running at 158% of budget which I am absoultely wrapped with. My target for profits as a percentage of turnover is 10%. So for every $1.00 in turnover I want to earn $0.10 in profits. My current year is runnning at 11.3% so that is pretty good as well. Turnover is also increasing which is good for profit growth provided I can maintain my margin at above 10%.

I would also be interested to hear how have others here gone and how people track their performance? Some good ideas could come out from this thread just like the one from 64eheheh about limiting position size relative to average turnover last friday.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.