Hi capt,I don't think the $33 multitrade option suits my style,...

1. 5,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Hi capt,

I don't think the $33 multitrade option suits my style, but i'm sure it would save some traders a packet.

If i do 10 trades in a day (20 confirmations), there would probably be 6 or seven different stocks i would trade on average. I think the value package suits my style of trading compared to the daytrader package which offers trade values up to $200,000 which are charged $33 per confirmation.

I think you have to choose one or the other. If you trade the same stocks numerous times per day, the daytrader package would be more cost effective.

The brokerage limits, for me, are probably pyschological levels where i think i'm saving a bit of money by position sizing within the minimum brokerage parameters. The truth is that by saving $5 or $10 dollars here or there on brokerage, i'm probably losing out overall by taking smaller positions than i would on a flat fee.

With the new $17,000 limit at Amscot, again it's a pyschological thing, but i manually put my trades onto excel. At the end of the week, my trades balance up. With the new rate, i have to manually enter each brokerage fee above $14.85 or $17,000 in value. It probably wouldn't be an issue for most, but it increases the time it takes to balance my books on top of the fact that i'm always aware of brokerage costs, which were at the back of my mind on a flat rate (hope it makes sense).

$17,000 confirmation = $14.85
    $18,000 confirmation = $15.84
    $20,000 confirmation = $17.60
    $25,000 confirmation = $22 etc

I can do in excess of 100 confirmations in a week so it's something i have to weigh up in my overall trading scenario. For others, i'm sure it's less relevant.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.