ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

w/end australian lng article, page-13

1. 21,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2130
    Thanks The Fatz. Just goes to further emphasize the role LNG is going to play, not only for the future of Australia, but, for the world. It is The next big energy commodity following coal and oil, both of which are becoming either expensive and/or very "unpopular." Having those resources will be major assets for Australian companies.
    ICN is also taking on a similar "possiblity" with their Micro/LNG plants and this is from their last QR.

Domestic / Micro LNG Project.
    Icon Energy is continuing to assess the potential for smaller scale LNG production and sales opportunities for domestic consumption.
    Working with strategic partners, the Company is principally examining the potential demand of domestic markets including the commercial, industrial and transport sectors, along with strategies for production and supply.
    To date, as part of the feasibility study being undertaken for a proposed Stage 1 opportunity, Icon Energy has identified two prospective supply sources and is currently evaluating various development concepts contemporaneously with undertaking a comprehensive market analysis to
    ascertain the commercial viability of an initial pilot project.
    The long term vision, is that the Project will entail the roll out of standalone plants producing up to
    50 tonnes of LNG per day, based on discrete supply sources located in close proximity to industrial, transport and other commercial markets.

This could be the little "sleeper" that will be a nice earner for ICN. My guess is that Origin Energy, with its fantastic distribution networks and skills would make a perfect "strategic partner" if it goes ahead.

But, that Weekend Australian article puts most of our questions and concerns in perspective and I certainly enjoyed the read and what I learned from it. Invaluable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.