MSB 7.69% $1.19 mesoblast limited

W.H.O. confirms that cheap steroids reduce Covid deaths 36%, page-43

1. 7,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6772
    You get it on every thread mate. Should you want to discuss anything objectively you often get shut down as a ramper. The results are somewhat of a vindication for dexamethasone. Not unexpected personally, but perhaps a surprise to the market (personally didn't know when they would hit). For those who are interested in competition (and as a treatment for COVID related ARDS it has to be considered that):

RESULTS A total of 299 patients (mean [SD] age, 61 [14] years; 37% women) were enrolled
    and all completed follow-up. Patients randomized to the dexamethasone group had a mean
    6.6 ventilator-free days (95% CI, 5.0-8.2) during the first 28 days vs 4.0 ventilator-free days
    (95% CI, 2.9-5.4) in the standard care group (difference, 2.26; 95% CI, 0.2-4.38; P = .04). At
    7 days, patients in the dexamethasone group had a mean SOFA score of 6.1 (95% CI, 5.5-6.7)
    vs 7.5 (95% CI, 6.9-8.1) in the standard care group (difference, −1.16; 95% CI, −1.94 to −0.38;
    P = .004). There was no significant difference in the prespecified secondary outcomes of
    all-cause mortality at 28 days, ICU-free days during the first 28 days, mechanical ventilation
    duration at 28 days, or the 6-point ordinal scale at 15 days. Thirty-three patients (21.9%) in
    the dexamethasone group vs 43 (29.1%) in the standard care group experienced secondary
    infections, 47 (31.1%) vs 42 (28.3%) needed insulin for glucose control, and 5 (3.3%) vs 9
    (6.1%) experienced other serious adverse events.

For me I am a little confused as why mortality wouldn't be the primary end-point. I suppose the trial is more about assisting ventilation in moderate to severe patients, a commendable endeavour. There is no significant difference on all-cause mortality. Can you post the one you are referring to?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.