CVN 3.23% 16.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

WA-436-P & WA-438-P, page-8

1. 13,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1053
    Vik/Icey,

Good to see some fellow commentators from old, but we shouldn't worry about being drowned out by the new interest eh, with much of it supporting the buy queue. Although most will be fickle I suspect there will be more winners than losers at this stage, even amongst the most scurrilous of the traders.

My losses on this will still need a doubling again, as I had to sell half two years ago on the way down, and only topped back up again modestly recently. Regretted not being brave when it just sat at 18 today, which looked pretty subdued to me, but have lost my risk appetite after the long slide in many of my shares from the (mostly unrealistic) post GFC highs.

I am thinking it might now be worth staying in for a few more drills, risking short term downside, but also expecting higher spikes along the way due to the sheer excitement, whatever the eventual verdict. Might even revert to the investment grade we once looked set for. Meanwhile oil attracts the gamblers/punters like even gas, nickel and gold can't imho. Are there enough liquid shares for all those wanting in?

Still a potential seller at the right price, but so long as Apache are keen drillers and with such a vast estate so untested in modern times seems to me the risk is loaded towards further excitement, even if not a commercial development - unlikely imho not to be another opportunity to exit above 24 before the drill bits get pensioned off.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.