Hi moon. Matey, I have to take you to task here: "...At least...

1. 5,919 Posts.
    Hi moon.

Matey, I have to take you to task here: "...At least there are a few things to show for the money that is being spent. But it has to stop growing. I have no problem with government debt being raised to pay for long term assets ie hospitals and schools etc. that are used by more than 1 taxpayer generation, in some cases several.

The federal government on the other hand is a complete shambles. Most of the debt increases under the ALP have been for short term funding of day to day government, which is why we have seen so many huge budget deficits.
    "

Aside from the fact that you have indicated that you appreciate that it is just that payment for expenditure on capital infrastructure be intergenerational your views are disjointed. Given your abhorrence (demonstrated over many posts) of the tax take, you leave your reader wondering as to how hospitals etc once built, are going to operate. All well and good to have nice new buildings moon. But we must have the funds to provide the service. Are you arguing for an increase in taxes so as to allow the government to properly fund the operation of the services they provide?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.