STX 2.86% 17.0¢ strike energy limited

WA Govt . gas decision delay, page-52

1. J L
    1,759 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Thank you for your response, and a very popular one if I may say so.

His statement is correct, but to introduce "greenhouse emissions" as an argument is fallacious. It draws unwarranted government attention (maybe unwelcome) to environmental issues which have no bearing on his proposal. A naive and bulshit argument. He should know better. IMO. He wants to operate under the same gas quality conditions as the East. Fair enough too.

You are critical of the DomGas Alliance. Fair enough. Now let's look at it in a general way.

I see it focusing on two relevant major issues relative to STX.

1. Continuity of long-term gas supply in WA, and
    2. Having the cheapest gas for users in WA.

You can't argue with that.

They speak with one voice and their members include major companies, Alcoa of Australia, Cockburn Cement, Coogee Chemicals, Tronox, Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy and Fertilisers and Yara.

It is not in their interest to prejudice WA's short- or long-term gas supply, and in turn their own supply.

Gas companies will work, maybe unhappily, within the parameters they are given. But they are not going to pick up their bat and ball and leave.

If the Alliance can mount a plausible argument supporting their proposal, and I believe they will, it would be a brave and ambitious politician to not accept their recommendation.

Also, apparently surveys indicate that more than 80% of West Australians are in favour of the status quo.

IMO, I would not hold out too much hope for STX to export gas internationally. J L.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $487.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.5¢ 17.0¢ $280.0K 1.634M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 1404260 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 1512331 46
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.48pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.