STX 8.82% 18.5¢ strike energy limited

WA Govt Gas Policy Report Today, page-283

1. 618
    3,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2380
    BPT recently also mentioned somewhere that they are more than happy for others to feed gas through their Waitsia plant. I am realist, or a cynic, whichever way you want to look at it. But why would BPT want to do this unless it is in their own commercial interest to do so? Answer is they wouldn't. So either they don't have enough of their own gas to feed the 250TJ/d plant, or they are talking about processing gas for other producers once they have exhausted their export limit - essentially they are looking to extract annuity style cashflow from other producers paying tolls for utilising the Waitsia processing plant AFTER BPT has gotten all their money back from export revenue. As much as I hate the idea of lining Stokes' pocket even more (especially an infrastructure funded by a very questionable govt decision), I think it might actually make more sense for some producers to feed their gas through Waitsia plant than build their own.

From the government's perspective, I can't imagine it is Cook's intention to indicate that other producers can export their gas through the Waitsia plant while he is questioning whether gas producers need to access the export market to help bring extra gas to the market. The Waitsia agreement was for the export of 50% of the gas produced from Waitsia field until 2028.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.015(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $530.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.0¢ $2.155M 12.01M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 851855 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 131078 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.