STX 2.17% 22.5¢ strike energy limited

WA Heritage laws, page-32

1. 760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 255

Hi People

Well - I will weigh in to probably get attacked from both sides. smile.png But here we go!!

The problem with this legislation has been that it is very badly implemented. We as a population in WA feel like that this has been foisted upon us as a last-minute law without sufficient background preparation - and yet the state government has been working on this for two years.

I have spoken to two rural Planners earlier this week in two different shires. Neither of those people have been provided with any information about this new legislation from the State Govt will work with regards to implementation. The indigenous panels to oversee the heritage areas surveys are not in place and do not exist. So, the question of just how you arrange a development permit within a non-existent framework comes up. This will just bog down every development as moving only 20kgs of dirt is mentioned, in addition to it applying to any land over 1100sqm in size. Really a recipe for disaster for WA moving forward if developments grind to a halt due to the actual process.

I spoke to an indigenous T/O as well. He said indigenous groups don't want it - that they have their own work to do.

I understand the heritage survey part is now delayed for another year until July 2024 because of the legislation backlash.

No-one wishes to lose such amazing artifacts as they did in the Juuken Caves disaster. I believe Ben Wyatt was the State Govt Indigenous Affairs minister when this happened and now is sitting on the board at Rio. Hopefully something like this won't ever happen again.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-09/juukan-gorge-caves-rio-tinto-report-handed-down/12967816

The perception is that this current process has been shambolic and just so badly applied. Business likes certainty - but this legislation lack of preparation is showing how little business and mining knowledge this state government has. Very concerning and worrying if they thought the heritage surveys could come into being in two days' time without any framework to actually process the permits.

Cheers Spockie

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $643.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 22.0¢ $1.581M 7.009M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 840004 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 639041 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.