WA Labor criminal incompetence, page-6

1. 62,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313

I’m always amazed bythe gifts we enjoy as a country.

We are blessed with anabundance of resources.

We are world leaders in coal, gas, uranium, iron ore, critical minerals and rare earths.

These are the source of our prosperity, and that of our regional neighbours.

Our trade has helped many of our partner economies grow and develop.

In many ways, we arethe envy of the world.

We have the vote, a beautiful land, and the opportunity to build a life.

Many of the good thingswe enjoy come about through traditional energy sources.

I’m grateful for the gas in my stove, diesel in my car, and the power that keeps my family home running.

Without it, we'd be living in the Stone Age.

Who wants to go back in time except for odd-bod rewilders on the ABC?

That’s why I’m baffledby Labor’s mission to take us backwards, to lower our productivity, to reduceour standard of living, and make us less competitive as a country.

Labor has coal, gas and nuclear energy in their cross-hairs.

They want those energy sources gone, even though Australia only produces just over 1% ofthe world’s carbon emissions.

Here’s the deal:

Labor thinks thatcarbon is a sin that lurks in every part of our lives and that it must beeradicated.

It’s in our cars, it’s in our steak, it’s in our heating. It’s everywhere.

And they want to save us from our carbon sin with their radical green gospel.

Don’t believe me?

It was only a few years ago that DefenceMinister, Richard Marles, celebrated the collapse of the global market ofthermal coal on Sky News.

In fairness, Marles retracted his remarks under duress, but it gave us an idea of Labor’s green theology, and what the high priests of the movement say behind closed doors.

Now we have two new policies that confirm their commitment to radical green theology:

First, Labor areintroducing a new Fuel Efficiency Standard on Australian cars that will amountto a big green tax on new 4WD and Utes.

From January 2025, it will be more expensive for mainstream Australians to buy a Toyota Prado or Hilux, a Ford Ranger or Everest, or an Isuzu D-Max or MU-X.

Tradies and farmerswill be hit hard.

The mining sector will be hit hard.

Seniors who tow theircaravan in winter will be hit hard.

Boating will be more expensive.

Regional families whoenjoy off-roading and camping will be hit hard.

The bloke next door, Kevin, who likes big cars—just because he does—will be hit hard.

But why?

Labor wants you driving anelectric vehicle because they want to save us all from carbon sin. And theywill use coercive means to achieve it.

I’ve spent time with my local car dealers, and this policy is all bad news for Aussies who use the workhorse vehicles in our economy.

They are coming for your cars.

The other thing Laboris doing to save us from our carbon sin is to build massive, ugly wind farms upand down our beautiful coasts.

They’ve just proposed onehere from Mandurah to Bunbury.

That’s right: not at Cottesloe Beach, but down here in regional Australia (Labor doesn’t want to ruin the view of investors as they enjoy their morning coffee at the Indiana Teahouse).

Mostly made inChina—and produced with lots of emissions—these wind turbines will harm ourfish, birds and whales.

They’ll ruin our boating and sailing experiences.

They are also ugly.

Most importantly, windfarms cost a massive amount of money, and deliver unreliable and unaffordablepower compared to our traditional sources.

What we need is more gas-fired power into our energy grid.

We also need to have a mature conversation about nuclear power.

If we want to keep ourstandard of living, we must have affordable and reliable power.

Renewables are part of the energy mix but they can’t drive a first world economy with advanced manufacturing—nor can they reliably keep the lights on.

Moreover, regular Aussies shouldn’t be forced to subsidise the renewable sector with such bad returns on investment.

It’s time to reconnectwith our strengths. All the blessings we enjoy.

To be grateful for them and not ashamed.

I'm looking for backerswho will help me send a message to Labor by signing my petitions—which you cansee here.

Better yet, helpsupport our message with one of our freebumper stickers.

Regards

Andrew Hastie
    www.andrewhastie.com.au

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.