wa shark cull: thousands gather at cottesloe b, page-162

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Rameez,

While local experience is obviously valuable it doesn't make one man's opinion definitive or even correct. It doesnt follow that having more practical experiences with something generates correct thinking, especially when a problem is complex and has many moving parts. I could stand here and say I know the weather because I've experienced many years of it. However your so-called 'desk jockey' can utilise technology to actually interpret that data in a more meaningful way. Might not be definitively correct but it will be a more educated hypothesis that what you or I muster.

Also one person is not a sufficient sample population to rule-out factors like bias or make any scientific conclusions. I could just as easily use Rodney Fox as an 'expert' on Great Whites, from a pragmatic point of view to refute what your source says. While SA is not WA it also has experienced high numbers of shark attacks over the years, relative to population and it would be a dubious assumption to suggest that inferences couldn't be made about one state that wouldn't have some correlation to the other (or many parts of the world I would argue).

https://www.rodneyfox.com.au

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.