WA1 2.09% $15.14 wa1 resources ltd

@Naydoe .. Something very wrong with that article. It implies...

1. 9,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8527
    @Naydoe .. Something very wrong with that article. It implies 200kg of Niobium oxide in each Tesla S equivalent, it's nowhere near that much..

After further research I found that Echion is only making battery anode material for various battery manufacturers, like Morrow and others. I found this in an article about Echion supplying niobium anode material....

"Its cell manufacturing facility is already under construction in South Norway and will reach 43 GWh capacity at the end of 2024. With LNMO-XNO™, Morrow is taking a further step towards delivering the world’s most sustainable batteries. Echion CEO, Jean de la Verpilliere said, ‘We are delighted to be supporting Morrow with our XNO™ anode materials. We are pleased that Morrow sees the value and commercial advantages in our unique anode technology."

I still can't find exactly how much Niobium oxide is used per KWH of battery, which would make future demand sums fairly easy, but Echion is supplying .... "Echion will supply up to 150 tons of its XNO™ anode materials to Morrow, with options for Morrow to secure further capacity over the next 5 years."

So that's "anode materials", which is more than just Niobium oxide, plus I've no idea if that is for the 43GWH of batteries or just the first shipment..

What is obvious to me is that the fast charging of Niobium inclusive batteries is a winner and lots more battery manufacturers will be looking to add niobium in their anodes, to keep in the game, which is highly positive for anyone with a large high grade Niobium resource.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WA1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.