WAF 3.36% $1.44 west african resources limited

Hi@TanotfaAlways nice to see your posts. Good catch on the...

1. YLJ
    819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hi@Tanotfa

Always nice to see your posts. Good catch on the Outside Day bar, it would have turned out to be a great entry.
    Entering trades while patterns are still information and yet to be validated can be very profitable when they work out.
    The downside is the challenge with clear stop-loss levels and a higher failure rate when the patterns do not come to
    fruition. Extra tough in the case of H&S (especially of the complex variety) as although the ideal H&S will form the
    right shoulder at the same approximate level of the left one, this is very often not the case in actuality...
    That is why I mostly refrain from them as a primarily breakout-focused trader unless I have a smaller pattern within
    the larger one that is forming.

A retest of the Neckline is always a possibility and a chance for second/late entry as you say, but I am much more hesitant
    to trade a retest when the trade has already made it 50% to the target before the "pull-back". The best trades often do not
    pull back at all. I find often enough that is true even after a sustained rise till the breakout point which can be counter-intuitive
    and make the entry psychologically challenging.

My knowledge of Pitchfork use is rusty at best, has been a long time since I played around with them in the earlier years
    and Classical Charting has taken the forefront for me. Also struggled a bit to see exactly what Fib levels and number you
    are using but the picture is clear enough and always good to see other styles of analysis coinciding...

A simple Fib trend extension (which I occasionally use but mostly when pattern targets have been surpassed) confirms
    the 1.59 level to me, but that is no surprise as in the case of a good H&S Continuation after a run-up that will almost
    always be the case. Possible weekly Channel also coincides with that rough area.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3686/3686760-b4350cb151e95cfcb355691def558dff.jpg

Regarding, the other stock you mentioned, I am thankfully in for quite a while now on what has turned out to be a longer duration
    position trade/investment and liking the fundamentals too. Happy to see how that unfolds...

All the best,
    YLJ

Last edited by YLJ: 14/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.44
Change
-0.050(3.36%)
Mkt cap ! $1.637B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.44 $1.45 $1.42 $3.905M 2.715M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 54005 $1.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 156964 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.