WAF 3.86% $1.48 west african resources limited

WAF valuation, page-204

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    "Disagree. I have never, never.... seen a mining company come under budget and not need more capital than what they originally budgeted (even DCN, in the sense that, they wanted to pay off their royalty, they wanted to expedite more drilling, pay down debt, etc etc etc)."

Hmmm. I think we would have to look at this statement more carefully before it can be validated. There are tens of thousands of mining projects that have been developed across the globe and until you have looked at a broad range of statistics I don't think you can make this statement. Maybe your "world view" might be coloured by a sub-set of developmemts at the bottom of the food chain in the Australian gold mining space that have been based on less than ideal reserve drilling, quality control, and overly optimistic feasibilty studies

I'd also like to do a side by side comparison with respect to the dilutive effects of WAF's and DCN's capital raisings, but to do it properly envolves a fair bit of research and work which I'm not going to attempt just to try and prove a point that I already know. DCN have protected their shareholders every step of the way. Only 225,413,403 shares on issue after proving, funding, building and commissioning their mine, a fantastic effort which IMO will literally pay dividends for long term shareholders. I'd also like you to prove that Mt Morgan has come in over it's upfront capital budget in its feasibilty. Dacian Gold's Executive Chairman and CEO Rohan Williams said in the company's most recent announcement that "the declaration of Commercial Production was another example of the Company meeting its development and production targets." We would need to do a bit of forensic accounting on the company's annoucements to try and determine if this statement relates to the company's published upfront capital costs but such an exercise would be more appropriate to the DCN threads.Esh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.055(3.86%)
Mkt cap ! $1.683B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.48 $1.45 $7.196M 4.909M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7517 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 80961 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.