wage growth slowest in 16 years, page-38

1. 18,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    "UT I think that's where we get confused-I'm not saying property is a bad investment BUT right now I think it's a terrible investment to purchase. Sure it will go up over the next 30 years but it's the next 10 that concerns me greatly."

Thats the thing though Hawkers you are once again lumping the whole market in the same basket - it is not all the same. There is a crap load of property I wouldn't touch with a stick as it doesn't fit with my strategy, but even now I can if I choose too I can find property to buy which fits my criteria of being basically neutrally geared. Yep there is the possibility that the capital value MAY come back a bit over the shorter term but frankly I don't give a rats as I have a much longer term investment horizon. My only interest is the rent, and for my properties I believe it will basically be stable to increasing over time no matter what happens to the economy barring absolute armageddon which if that happens you are pretty much buggered no matter what you invest in!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.