"""anyone read the latest RBA minutes?"""23 you strike me as no...

1. 1,314 Posts.
    """anyone read the latest RBA minutes?"""

23 you strike me as no fool, and knowing that, you would temper RBA minutes with an insight into their role, am I right?

So answer me this - what would happen if the RBA called a bubble but kept rates on hold, or worse, left the door open to cuts?

The absolute hysteria in September 2013 over a property bubble and the furious rebuttals and rebukes by the RBA wasn't missed by me at all, and coincided with my transformation from bull to bear.

This RBA rhetoric was powerful enough to seriously deflate our dollar, and allowed house prices to keep growing from there, but eventually, words will fail and action will be necessary.

Property investors can be quite lazy with keeping an eye on what is developing around them because its such a passive sort of enterprise - buy a house, engage a tenancy manager and wait until we recoup our entry costs through growth, and get positively geared through yield growth. This used to happen within months, now its taking a decade.

The writing is on the wall, but there are many who can't see it. Property is on a path to implosion.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.