XJO 1.25% 7,777.7 s&p/asx 200

JPV, I am long sugar ETC at the moment, keep an eye on India....

1. 1,239 Posts.
    JPV, I am long sugar ETC at the moment, keep an eye on India. May position may change quickly as would could be seeing an oversupply soon. My friends in Nicaragua are loving the future price contracts that are locked in from last year butare worried for 2012 with possible over supply conditions once again. Really depends on the monsoon season as well which have not been talked about in the article

CHENNAI: Food and agriculture minister Sharad Pawar said on Friday he favoured ending the government's role in fixing sales quota in sugar industry, adding that the government would consider withdrawing controls on the sector after assessing the likely sugar production in 2010-11 crop year. The minister said a decision on decontrolling the sugar industry could be taken if there is good production in the next crop year starting October.

At present, the government controls the sugar industry right from fixing the support price of sugarcane and allocating the monthly quota for mills to sale in the open market. "We welcome the minister's statement on decontrol of the sugar market, which was long-awaited," Indian Sugar Mills Association (ISMA) deputy director general M N Rao told a news agency.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/biz/india-business/Govt-wants-to-end-sales-quota-in-sugar-industry/articleshow/6149125.cms

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.