OIP 0.00% 4.3¢ orion petroleum limited

waiting for the penny to maybe drop

1. 949 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    This is Mr Lincoln Augustus, first second cousin of Holymagiman

Another great day in the offing with the temperature at 77 F and a gentle breeze to keep one company. All just right and all just perfect.

And at times like this, one thinks of those not so fortunate, and my mind somehow veered to think about the OIP shareholders.

I wondered why, till I remembered that OIP is trying to get involved in a scheme of arrangement with GGX , getting 2.25 GGX shares for every OIP share. Talk about a first class pig in a poke being offered as first prize in a million dollar lottery.

Moree-4 and Kurrabooma-1 had not much going for them despite some expert drilling by Eastern Star. In fact, stating that there was not much going seems to be putting things too kindly, but the smell of Christmas makes one become somewhat more charitable than at other times.

We see that Gwydir-1 is now being drilled, and hopefully, just hopefully, it will be better than the other two. But the planets have not been going well for OIP and we are not holding our breath too long, for a person has got to breathe when a person has got to breathe, and that is a fact of life.

So we watch with interest whether the current price of 9 cents will withstand the ravages of the hungry hordes from GGX, and where the price will be in February 2010.

Something is just not quite adding up, and perhaps, while we think of other rather more pressing matters at hand with something else, the penny will hopefully drop.

Thoughts that we are thinking, just mundane little inconsequential thoughts that flit through our minds as we watch idly through a silken screen the professional players hard at work doing what they are always good at doing.

It would be marvellous IF somehow, Gwydir-1 comes good. There is much interest in that.....

Blessing of the Lord
    MLA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.