ALK 0.00% 42.0¢ alkane resources limited

An interview with Gareth Hatch from TMR that mentions Alk and...

1. 1,239 Posts.
    An interview with Gareth Hatch from TMR that mentions Alk and the local newspaper weighing in:

1) http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/g...e-china-level-the-international-playing-field

TMR: What about other projects in Australia?
    GH: Alkane Resources Ltd. (ALK:ASX; ANLKY:OTCQX, which is also in the index, is funding the Dubbo Zirconia project with nearby gold production. It's a great idea. I had the chance to visit the deposit and demo plant in Australia a few years ago. I've always liked that project from a technical point of view. Alkane has the process locked in and it knows exactly what it needs to do. If you have another project that can generate cash flow that's a great thing, and Alkane's Tomingley gold project has been operating very well, but the Dubbo project still needs more money than what Tomingley alone can generate. Ultimately there are very few junior mining companies in the REE sector that are generating revenues. I think that's a plus. It's ready to go once Alkane has the financing.
    TMR: What's the timeline for getting Dubbo permitted?
    GH: Alkane was recently informed by the local plan assessment commission that the environmental permits have been approved, subject to the usual conditions. [Comment: almost, but its not yet formally approved, just a recommendation, see below]
    I am not aware of any major issues. Dubbo will produce not just rare earths, but zirconium and niobium, so there's a medley of metals. Alkane will not only rely on REEs to generate revenue.

2) http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/2922782/alkane-resources-ready-and-waiting/

ALKANE Resources continues to pursue the $1 billion it needs to launch the Dubbo Zirconia Project (DZP) but knows that getting a commitment from financiers will only come when "key approvals are in place".
    Managing director Ian Chalmers has expressed hope that the Planning Assessment Commission (PAC) will be able to make a "final determination" within two or three months. Last month PAC completed its review of the state-approved DZP and decreed it could be approved subject to conditions. It is now waiting to examine the final assessment of the project by the Department of Planning and Environment. ...

Alkane Resources has been in talks with financiers for a couple of years. "There are a number of potential sources for that money, and we just have to get those down in commercial agreements," the managing director said.

(more)

Comment: lets not forget that they have already sent out tender packages and that we also have income from gold that can be used to start some building, so I think IC is a little overcautious in the above interview  ... http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/industry-breakfast-meeting.2457509/?post_id=14758823#.VPw92dQ1jkg
    Last edited by mtm100: 08/03/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $253.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 43.8¢ 41.5¢ $379.9K 893.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2998 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 9758 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.