NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Firstly, I think you can see from the upvotes that others have...

1. phx
    532 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 233
    Firstly, I think you can see from the upvotes that others have the same questions, so there are no dumb questions here.
    However, your questions have basically been answered by other NWE posts.

l will try to answer your questions.
    Happy to be corrected.
    1 - You will get 1 MIN share for 1,300 NWE shares, simple as that.
    The price is the market price of MIN, it will change daily, it cannot be anything else.
    I don't really understand what you expect here.
    You give up your NWE and get MIN - you sell MIN and get whatever price they are at the time.
    At the time of the initial increased offer the NWE equivalent price was about 7.4c, now it is around 6.8-6.9.
    2 - Yes, it will trigger a CGT event.
    You have to pay CGT, calculated on the basis that you sold NWE regardless of not getting any cash.
    The consideration is the price of MIN shares on the day.
    If MIN get 80% of the shares then you will be able to elect to have CGT rollover.
    With the rollover, the date and purchase price of the MIN shares will be the same as the NWE shares you accepted the offer for.
    3 - Refer 2. You may lose your current CGT status depending on how many people accept the MIN offer.
    4 - Refer 2.
    If rollover relief is not available you will have to wait 12 months - if you are not a share trader.
    5 - Is there really a question you want answered or are you making a statement? The advantage or disadvantage to you depends on your specific circumstances and no one but you can answer that.

If you are worried about CGT nothing stops you from selling on market, keeping some cash and buying MIN if you want.
    My personal opinion is that MIN will not get to 80%, let alone 90%.
    I believe that there is a reasonable chance MIN will get to, or near 50%. At least enough to have effective control.
    However, I don't care. It is in MIN's best interest to develop these tenements as fast as possible.
    MIN having control may be better than the current BOD who have shown their lack of faith in NWE.

My opinions only based on nothing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.