Wake up and smell the roses, page-63

1. 8,237 Posts.
    Well, I don't know the ages etc of your kids, so I can only take your word for it. However, I will say that your attitude probably isnt going to win them over. Believe it or not, environmental concerns are no joke. We have seen seriously devastating impacts from man made pollution, and over-exploitation of natural resources.

It is funny you mention India, because it has been on the receiving end of many man-made natural disasters. In fact my first awareness that the way things get done in this world is... well... broken, is when I read a small article tucked away on page 8 or so of the West Australia as a child, that a gold tailings dam had burst open and flooded a small village with the dam contents. Events like this occur far too often for my liking, when you consider Bhopal and similar tragedies.

Then of course, closer to home we've had issues such as old growth logging... the tragedy of James Hardie Asbestos - and the sheer callousness with which the sufferers were regarded.

If you want to discuss blatant disregard for human life, look no further than inside your own preferred side of politics, because it certainly has a checkered history there.

As for my 'right to an opinion' as you seem to think is worth mentioning - which to some degree it is, I too am very well read, well educated and travelled and have built some great things in my life. I have a major in mathematics, specifically operations research, but have mainly worked in IT consulting and programming. However, none of that should really matter as ideas should be looked at on their own merit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.