SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Wake up call

1. 966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    When I purchased a unit in Sydney I sat down with my lawyer and had a discussion. My lawyer was really impressed by my skill and knowledge in economics and finance was kind of interested hiring me.

I was trained and work in finance and not for too long but enough to impress a solicitor in a local office. The point is not to brag about myself. The point is which is the verbatim of my lawyer that most lawyers are very good with their business - giving legal advice, however, hardly any of them can run a business properly. So when things are doing well they can burn some money who cares as they can probably make more back providing that things are travelling well.

I guess it's the same for our Slaughters and Gordons. The reality is, on a very high level, professional service as we know today is and will be extinct. The US of the A can write a computer programme to give legal advice which replaces junior or even senior solicitors with an accuracy of 90% or more. A junior solicitor's legal advice can only be found 70% accurate. So regardless how hard SGH tries and performs it's going under anyway. It's just a matter of time.

Same with medical service. An centralised AI unit can takeover all diagnosis based on big data diagnose can be more accurate than the best human doctors the world has ever seen. Acquisition of the UK crown jewel is just icing on the cake or last straw on a camel's back.

You can play blind-folded like an ostrich digging its head in sand under its buttock or wake up to the reality and do something constructive to both yourself and your portfolio.

Feel like i'm wasting my time on the SGH forum....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.