ALK 0.00% 43.5¢ alkane resources limited

Alkane is a sleeper, thats for sure. I would like to hope they...

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    Alkane is a sleeper, thats for sure. I would like to hope they can get Dubbo approved, and to my mind the NSW government should approve it, uranium or no, simply because it is a long life mine, with many commodities which are in short supply and of strategic importance.

I would personally prefer to see the uranum produced and sold (even if they sell it for charity, ffs!) because it is such a minuscule value to the project (~60t per annum) and it's safer to sell it versus put it in a waste dump. Problem is, politically, this could be a bit of an issue for Iemma and the NSW labor party which is unashamedly anti-nuclear.

As for Wyoming/Caloma...I don't think people will get utterly excited about it because it is only a 4 year mine life at the moment. Sure, gold prices are strengthening again on the back of sub-prime etc, but investors want certainty of long mine lives and 4 years sounds too short to be almost pointless.

That said, I think the management are exellent and will keep these two projects on track. Just got to wait.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $262.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 44.5¢ 42.5¢ $220.7K 505.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13953 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 6978 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.