ASX 1.55% $62.20 asx limited

wall street rally, page-2

1. 17,307 Posts.
    I would guess we are likely to see a continued general trend upward once we get past the end of quarter window dressing that will likely keep some considerable volatility to both upside and downside although the upward trend seems more likely that any significant corrections.

Hedge fund accounts for the quarter coming to a close will be very carefully scrutinized and I would guess quite a bit of rebalancing of investor cash will be likely in the early stages of the quarter as cash is moved away from the higher risk market sectors and strategies and into lower risk sectors and strategies. This rebalancing will produce some volatility also.

My guess is that OPEC will attempt to maintain oil prices in the $60 range to keep the revenues they have become dependent on coming in, and also to keep the price in a range where development and deployment of most current alternative energy sources remain marginal although in the longer run, the continued development of a variety of substitutes is a certainty even if only national security aspects are considered.

The talk seems to be more of interest rate cuts rather than rises but that will depend on the data. The housing bubble will continue to deflate and so far seems to be a slow unwinding rather than any major shock to the system.

Overall, it looks like a good time to be long into the end of the year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$62.20
Change
-0.980(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $12.05B
Open High Low Value Volume
$62.18 $62.67 $61.95 $23.46M 378.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 357 $62.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$62.21 180 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.