Wallabies Road Kill, page-55

1. 27,257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4671
    Great final for neutrals. I didn’t think Khalesi’s yellow card was much different to what Sam Cane got his upgraded to red for. I don’t think either should have been anything more than 10m in the sin bin. I realised that technically, Cane’s red is correct under current laws though, when I read this explanation:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-south-africa-red-card-sam-cane-b2437759.html

… but to me, that means the rules should be revised because Cane was perhaps reckless and his shoulder certainly went into Kriel’s chin, but there was never any malicious intent, he just got it wrong. For me, red cards should be reserved for malicious intent or high degree of danger and this was just a par for the course rugby incident. You want to see 100% commitment and that’s all Cane and Khalesi were guilty of IMO.

So the All Blacks became the second side to lose to the Boks by a point. England beat them from the 3rd minute of their semi to 3 mins from the end and were otherwise unbeaten in the tournament… so really England won the World Cup, right? I realise the rules say something about being the team winning the final at the end of 80 minutes are World Champs, but like I said, this just means the rules need to be revised…
    Last edited by CEOChair: 29/10/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.