PLS 1.55% $3.80 pilbara minerals limited

I respect the enthusiasm of the common man vs wall street big...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I respect the enthusiasm of the common man vs wall street big boys and making their mark. But I think there needs to be perspective and balance to both sides. Short selling is not in itself an evil practice because like all healthy markets, they need liquidity else, goodluck moving any stock at all. However, releasing a scathing report with falsified data with intention to short sell is evil and this is the practice that needs to be called out, policed and vilified. I feel the reddit army as big hearts they have are somewhat naive to say the least. The act of shorting also can potentially expose the flaws in company fundamentals sooner rather than later should things actually appear worse off than they seem fundamentally. The main takeaway is if you are a long term investor, shorting should really not affect you in anyway unless you are needing your capital in the short or immediate future term.

Company fundamentals and performance will remedy any short attacks when the results roll in and all will be revealed in due time. We don't need an overvalued company share price if the fundamentals do not support it. High share prices need to reflect return on capital that will in itself reward shareholders with cash sometime in the future, more or less dividends, but if a company does not perform or the fundamentals are not in place, this won't happen. (and the price will crash anyway...eventually) Everyone needs to keep a level head and think of the longterm benefits PLS has in regards to a paradigm shift in technology, if you believe in the once in one hundred year transition away from ICE you really should have no worries holding big lithium plays like PLS regardless whichever way the price moves in the short term. IMHO the reason the price is so erratic is because it is impossible to really know what the future holds and shorts/big funds will use this to their advantage(when there is little to no news) similarly, analysts are too chicken or cautious to price PLS like the growth stock it warrants and slap a massive "BUY" rating instead of the lazy "Fair value" tag. However, time will tell and given what we know as of late, the winds of positivity are in our favor.

I've noticed a lot of inexperienced and "emotional" posts on the PLS threads lately of people being thousands out of pocket and thought I'd offer some insight. Many here really need to do their research and reassess their own risk profile before jumping into any kind of equities, there really is no "get rich quick, you just have to DYOR, make investments/trades relevant to your own risk profile, have an exit strategy in place, learn from your mistakes, if you are sitting on a loss, do your due dliligence and don't let it happen again. (if you don't have a gameplan you should not be trading/investing period) it's a long game and you have to be patient. If not, you really are gambling (greed is everyone's downfall) which usually ends in blown out account and very real life consequences. Good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.80
Change
-0.060(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $11.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.82 $3.73 $57.00M 15.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 69737 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 38473 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.80
  Change
-0.060 ( 1.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.80 $3.82 $3.73 3913253
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.