FGL 0.00% 1.6¢ frugl group limited

Wangle future, page-433

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Thought the extract below from a somewhat dated Digital Trends article might resonate with Wangle's App Store delays.

"There are a whole lot of regulations and hoops for developers to get their apps onto any of Apple’s various stores ... I can easily see Apple closing off “unauthorized” software in a future version of OS X in the name of user integrity or security or whatever.

"Apple is now engaged in some of the practices Microsoft has been accused of. For whatever reason, the European Union doesn't like Microsoft. But where is the legal action mandating a mail client choice on your iPhone? Or that a Mac come preinstalled with Chrome or Firefox? The darling email client Sparrow can't even be your default mail app or send you push notifications. Who do you think is responsible for that?

"Google Voice had a similar debacle a few years ago when Apple held up the approval process to prevent iPhone users from having an alternate “phone” app. Only after some bullying from the FCC and backtracking from AT&T did Google’s app squeak onto the iPhone.

"This all-controlling approach is creeping back into the OS X universe. As discussed in our hands on with Mountain Lion, the sandboxing and app store requirements restrict what developers can do with software. That’s not cool, Apple."

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/why-i-switched-back-confessions-of-a-former-mac-user/#ixzz4NkTnE9iL
    Last edited by agentsmith: 24/10/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.