RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

The KNOC web site does not mention if they have an onshore rig...

1. 1,154 Posts.
    The KNOC web site does not mention if they have an onshore rig or not. If not they will have to put out tendors. Given the current worldwide shortage I would say it will be some time getting one.

Risk will impact in a number of ways:

1. Many drilling companies will not want to work in that area.
    2. If they do they will want a risk-premium - perhaps double the normal rate.
    3. Security will be an issue and will be expensive.
    4. During drilling the expats working there may possibly be a hostage target
    5. The locals do not seem very happy - big short, medium and long term problems. They need to fix this immediately (it is simple and I have done it myself in Indonesia and PNG - hire locals, sponsor orphanages, and repair hospitals, schools and bridges).
    6. If they find something, the risk increases. Somalia GDP is only $4-5billion (using PPP). Anything of value is a worthwhile target. So how attractive would a few $billion of oil or other minerals be?

While carrying out the regional program they would have been a moving target. Once they start drilling they become a stationary one.

I don't hold RRS nor am I down ramping to buy cheaper. To me, my postings today are a technical exercise that I do when I review companies.

G

I changed my sentiment to hold as I don't want to make any recommendations to buy or sell, just point out issues you need to consider.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.