Wanted some decent stocks to research, page-14

1. 6,931 Posts.
    Tarax, you are quite right. The MARKET is what drives the price, but when you are lookng for gems you need to look for those neglected items that people throw out.
    The fundamentals of OEC's technology are unimpeachable. What has happened, IMHO, is two things. The previous CEO Kim Schlunke was convinced that they were going to get in early. It was looking good for them with their negotiations with Delphi but it failed because of the sudden downturn in the US auto market. Kim did not help by announcing a 3 mill loss in Dec 200 but having to announce a 16 mill loss in Feb 2001. Credibility went down the drain. Since then the auto industry has gone into a real trough and they have put off spending.
    The other thing that has happened is that no one really knows how the Auto manufacturers work. The fact is they play their cards real close to their chests. Small companies like Orbital are like gnats to them.
    So, in my view, if one wants a bottom draw stock this is it. If you follow it as closely as I do it will break your heart, unless you have a strong heart. I think that this is its low for a long time to come - but I could be horribly wrong.

Regards

Desmond

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.