ASX 1.46% $57.55 asx limited

Hello Arthur......I hold a few I like Buffett style but (subject...

1. 1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hello Arthur......I hold a few I like Buffett style but (subject to no shock loss of contracts or unforseen problems) I like Optima ICM best. I mentioned it here over 6 months ago at 10-11c which is where I bought most of mine......it's now 21.5 but still pretty good value it appears .

You'll need to do your research as far as checking out their history in the Disclosure Document provided before they back doored into Iocom as if you look at the consolidated figures they won't make much sense or look like a company that's been profitable for years. In short they're on a PE around 6-7 after some one-off charges last year with a dividend yield (their first) of around 2.2% with compound revenue and earnings growth of >30% over the last 4-5 years through a tech downturn. That hopefully says something about management. They have forecast a goal of 300 mill revenue in 3 years which on their usual margins would imply a profit of around 9-10 million. Their move into laptops may increase margins and they are a major beneficiary of the $AU in terms of pricing power. The company is capped at around 21-22 million and I'm hoping that by the end of this fin year (at current prices) they'll be on a PE around 4.

They make a commodity type product so may not command huge PE's but companies with similar profits/growth are trading at 10 times the market cap.

I know this co as well as any outsider can - I have done my best to extract more detailed info from the company but to no avail - like blood from a stone. Until I see evidence to convince me that the fundamental picture has changed I'll be holding for the longer term, subject to some basic TA.

Technically a break of 24-25c should confirm the future is rosy. It may be wise to wait for that perhaps.

I own quite a bit of stock and am eagerly awaiting the half yearly report. They are significantly weaker in the 1st half due to seasonal factors with their education contracts.

Ed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$57.55
Change
-0.850(1.46%)
Mkt cap ! $11.15B
Open High Low Value Volume
$58.20 $58.28 $57.26 $27.52M 477.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 891 $57.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$57.66 1594 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.