YAL 3.61% $6.95 yancoal australia limited

A major problem is that the Left ('the long march') has...

1. 10,566 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1392
    A major problem is that the Left ('the long march') has successfully infiltrated the vast majority of institutions (schools, universities, even big business and to some extent with its so-called 'moderates', even the Liberal Party).

I too hope the LNP in Queensland wins the October 2024 State election but agree with @coalforme 's comment that 'royalties will stay'.

I'm down in Victoria (the broke and most woke state) but it's up to every Queenslander to lobby the LNP to ensure that the latter understands that coal royalties have to be modified, and the LNP has to publicly proclaim that Labor's royalty (tax) increases have cost jobs and investment in not just coal mines but suppliers as well.

Think of a local hairdresser or fast food shop owner who doesn't get as much revenue as they could if big companies had invested more in coal. Unfortunately, Labor's tax rises have disincentivised investment.

There's no rule stating mining companies "must invest in Australia". If a tax regime is perceived as oppressive, they may well place funds in other nations.

YAL Directors ought consider these matters very carefully before making any inve4stment decisions in Queensland, even though WHC's recent acquisitions have been received well by 'Mr Market'.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 19/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.95
Change
-0.260(3.61%)
Mkt cap ! $9.177B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.15 $7.19 $6.91 $21.70M 3.077M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 432 $6.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.95 58937 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.