I don't see people trying to restrict free speech.. I see...

1. 4,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103

I don't see people trying to restrict free speech.. I see people, objective minded people not "Trumpers" as you label them, wanting justice and the truth to prevail. If Mr Roberts-Smith is guilty of a crime we have a judicial system that can take care of that.

I have no problem with people discussing a topic, but when people become vindictive and aggressive and start calling people, rapist, wife beater, war criminal etc etc etc, when there is not been a conviction, and start giving an opinion on something that they know nothing about. I.E. Going to war, or serving in the military, that deserves to be questioned.

I am not so naive to believe that all our soldiers are well behaved, I have witnessed first hand that they are not, but I do believe in innocent until proven guilty. To cast aspersions on any of our soldiers without knowing the full truth, is nothing short of disgraceful. Even if our soldiers did act outside of the law, there is more to the story. What was their mental state, had they succumbed to battle fatigue, were they suffering PTSD,? These are all questions that need to be asked and assessed at an appropriate time and an appropriate place.

The angst and anger that has been projected at people in recent times, simply on an accusation, isn't free speech it;s hate speech...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.