It would seem that the US believes that Iran is at least 12...

1. 718 Posts.
    It would seem that the US believes that Iran is at least 12 months away from the potential of obtaining a nuclear weapon, a prospect that none of us should be pleased about.

A nuclear armed Iran would cause huge disquiet within the region and beyond and would shift the balance of nuclear deterrent away from Israel toward Tehran.

I have put a link below to the New Your Times online page that broke this story a few hours ago.

I think the building in the photograph on the page should have a big bulls eye painted on it and anyone working in or near this establishment would I think want danger money.

It is only a matter of time before it is hit and taken out and if the NYT story is accurate, and there is nothing to suggest that it isn't, then some time within the 12 months, we could see a conflict between Israel with its allies the west {US} and others, and Iran.

This could get very ugly indeed and has the potential of throwing the entire region into a conflict, of a hitherto unseen degree or dimension.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/world/middleeast/20policy.html?_r=1&ref=iran

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.