AFG 0.66% $1.50 australian finance group ltd

warm feeling today, page-2

1. 51 Posts.
    In the Australian today, its report seemed partly positive & negative. Again reinforced that the model AFG is adopting is similar to MQG & BNB and currently out of favour given global credit issues. Another article also stated that financially engineered businesses are to be avoided. Poor Business transparency again higlighted as real issue with market. With the new AFG infrastructure fund being created - this is obviously good new. What Im hopeful does not happen (because of creation of these type of funds)- is that AFGs profit again is largely comprised of profits from asset sales. I think the market hates this because whilst it may be a regular part of the afg business, it creates uncertainty around real rate of growth & sustainability of such. AFG is obviously moving to a model of more transparent flows of income - which I suppose is good and may take some time to get there. I hope the half yearly result is strong & more importantly is positive in any forward looking statements. AFG has killed me financially this year. I had far too much of my money on this company & I failed to conceive the share price could hit the current levels. Ive had to realise losses when history will probably show that I sold at exactly the wrong time. Im still a believer however & plan to rebuild a position in this co as sentiment changes & the co starts to show that its model is sound and will continue to grow. Other people on this forum whom are equally hopeful as me give me confidence that a turnaround will occur sooner rather than later.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.50
Change
-0.010(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $406.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.52 $1.53 $1.50 $213.1K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11636 $1.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.52 3758 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.