FDL flinders diamonds limited

warnie, page-73

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I know its the FDL thread but now you're on the topic you've got me started too (oh no...)
    Well we might as well use this opportunity to remind others to give something back by donating of money or useful items to organisations - especially with volunteers who spend their lives helping other people & animals.

When you see other places in the world you realise how much Australia is a paradise compared to how many live & my advice for all is to take off & see the world in your twenties before ever settling down as it will make you appreciate your life here much more & you won't whine as much when things don't go to plan. I travelled on & off for 15 years but even as a backpacker spending 9 months in Africa in 1991 I always gave what I could along the way..I saw things there that still haunt me to this day.

Whenever we travel now whether its an expedition or 4 star we always try to take something along like to East Timor we took basketballs etc & to Christmas Island (near Tahiti) we took school items like pens etc & soccer balls. We've been to the Orangutan orphanage in Sabah,Borneo where they try to save as many as they can from poachers.
    The volunteers there are wonderful so we gave money instead. I remember my hubby gave a Orangutan a drink from the tap & it dragged him off into the forest requiring 3 of us to wrench him from its grip..amazing how strong they are when they want something...we think it wanted to mate?

Sorry to get on the good samaritan bandwagon too but any reason to remind people to give something rather than nothing if it helps in any way as it is a sad world when we let others starve while we throw away heaps of food.

Ohhh...just looked & saw the market is a sea of red so now I'd better remind myself that we are better off than others & not to dwell on it ....just want a buyer for our house on diysell so we can move on though & donate more!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.