Good publication! I note Menta's short position on high beta...

1. Osi
    15,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Good publication!  

I note Menta's short position on high beta stocks suggests a crash any time soon ...... but still we need some trigger events.

From the Financial Post, the scenario of ordinary Canadian businesses meeting very hard times due to a convergence of events  points to several trigger events. http://business.financialpost.com/i...he-value-of-their-lifes-work-heres-an-example

Trigger event number one is Trump tariffs and policy uncertainty which effects everyone.  Trigger event 2 is higher domestic wages in Canada.

I won't try to relist all of the trigger events flagged by the Chinese Central Bank Governor ... suffice to say there would be no comment unless they were material and the Politburo of the Central Committee sees a need for an immediate risk mitigating change in direction.

The black ducks (the birds  we  can see) are lines up everywhere IMHO.  How many black swans are hiding in China and Europe is anyone's guess.

In present circumstances I'm not long on any currency.  All I can see is uncertainty with AUD valued  less by fundamentals than the fact that it is not the USD, the Euro, the Yuan or the Yen.

It should be a prosperous Christmas for most of us  prior to Yellen handing over the baton to Powell in the New Year.

cheer

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.