OOO 2.81% $19.36 betashares crude oil index etf-currency hedged (synthetic)

First time poster long time listener - I am the classic fool...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    First time poster long time listener - I am the classic fool retail investor (first oil investment) having bought at 3pm Monday hoping to make a medium term gain on ‘oil prices’ (sadly didn’t read this thread as part of my poor research). Woke with 40% loss next day. (I can afford it fortunately). Now seems slim chance of recoup of my original capital. Consider myself somewhat unlucky with timing (but I have learnt a lot and I only have myself to blame trying to speculate). Given roll over cost to sept already ‘paid’ (I suspect the fund is spreading this cost over next months) the 3 mth future has to double in 3 months to prevent further loss. I may roughly get my original investment back if 3mth contract triples in next 3mth. Roll over fees now lower cos 3 to 4 mth spread only a dollar. Likely feeling usual instinct not to accept my loss (human nature) having lost 1/3 in a hour so reluctant to crystallise loss but probably should, maybe, or speculate further, still holding currently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OOO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.