OOO 2.81% $19.36 betashares crude oil index etf-currency hedged (synthetic)

WARNING: Read me before buying OOO, page-558

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The argument is that investors should (if they were smart enough to understand the fund and most were not) have been aware of the risk of the fund going to zero (if it happened to hold a negative oil future) however what they could not have been aware of was the risk of the fund changing the underlying investment and eroding their returns when the investors wish was to speculate on a short term rebound in 1 month oil futures.
    OOO should have instead highlighted the risks of the fund going to zero (once it became more common knowledge this could occur) and kept the same underlying investment (1 month futures) leaving investors to choose. Investors wishing to hold over past 2-3 weeks would be well rewarded, instead they feel like they have missed out on the rally.

I thought we had decided that OOO was not a medium term (1year+) fund to hold due to erosion of capital from Cantango. It was designed as a short term gambling instrument but it has moved away from this towards a medium term bet on oil prices. When will it go back to 1 month contracts if ever?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OOO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.