ASX 0.06% $64.50 asx limited

Hi marcko,I normally use two screens and CFD platforms appear to...

1. 1,857 Posts.
    Hi marcko,

I normally use two screens and CFD platforms appear to have a direct feed into the ASX platform, therefore I assume (I hate using that word) that the CFD provider is using my cash as collateral (as opposed to securities/property).

I never receive an ASX holding statement from the company I've purchased and rely on the CFD provider to distribute dividends (which gives me the impression that I own them).

Therefore since the covering asset is CASH, the CFD provider has to purchase the shares directly. If any company is lending a CFD provider stock - they should be charged with everything that can be thrown at them.

Since cash is the only asset, they can get their clients to sell/cover.

My biggest concern is what CFD providers are doing with the stock you "buy from them" through their platforms and if they are using it for other financing. If so, how and what?

If they are lending it out and for a margin loan and get called on it but can't repay because everyone has pulled their CASH out (the CFD's only required asset), they its Opes prime all over again but multiplied by 10.

This is my opinion only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.