WARNING TO AUSTRALIA >> keep out of Indonesian aff, page-50

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    re:For LILLYDOT - WARNING TO AUSTRALIA >> keep out "And just for the record I was a kid in the 50's and I can tell you it was not wonderfull to be poor and I guess it was not good to be black either.
    yours ld "

We were poor,too, lillydot. I NEVER had icecream, softdrinks, sweets. That's probably why I still have my teeth 50 years down the line.My parents never had a car. I was the first to get a vehicle- an ex-PMG truck which I used for kangaroo shooting.But I still think those years were the best.
    You know why? We had HOPE and the future was what we made it.Whatever we turned to, we could do, without the beaurocratic red tape we now have in any industry.We lived hard, worked hard but were happy.
    I read recently that 3 out of 4 children are depressed because they cant see a future, that they could never be happy without a top job, a fancy house, a flash car.
    It is this peer pressure that has brought about all the stress, youth suicide in the world today. Adults can suffer too.
    About blacks: all the aboriginals I knew back then had pride, dignity and self-respect.They were treated as equals. I Knew some that had served in Korea and were still in the army reserve. Then the doogooders changed all that and brought in division and racism-in either direction.
    Our Australian society has gone downhill over the last 40 years, and the plunge is steepening.
    It is still one of the best countries in the world, but there are a lot of people (that call themselves Australians) out there that are trying to bring it down through their stupidity.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.