SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Ok that makes sense with Blair, he was never really a 'lefty'...

1. 22,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261

Ok that makes sense with Blair, he was never really a 'lefty' and UK Labor have deteriorated since he left so i guess he would want to help them a bit more focussed.  The Tory's need to get their act together before that happens, just in case he's still got some magic.

' I'm anti- Brexit and would have preferred Cameron to have aligned with Farage to bring about change within the EC (have you seen the videos of him criticising abuse within the EC machine?). At this stage in history I think it's mad for us to become a poxy little island, unlike the nation we were historically. '

Thats what i like about you, sensible reasoning and constructive solutions.  I did like Cameron and i haven't seen him criticising the rusty EC machine but will hunt it out.  I always thought he loved the EC and didn't know he had issues, i thought he rolled the dice on a Brexit vote to shut Farange and co up.  For an intelligent bloke he certainly stuffed it all up, took far too much risk, no way id let him near my Cfd account thats for sure.biggrin.png

Depending on possible outcomes and at this stage in history and IF the EU/EC will/would change to keep the peace i agree its mad for us to become a poxy little island.  It never really crossed my mind that that was possible and the UN with its migration pact means they still don't get it, so i still find it very hard to see happening.  We need some leadership out of the EU/EC, they've had the UK people, Italians, Hungarians, French and other countries demonstrate and vote with their feet showing dislike for the EU/EC's current course of policies, they even voted for Sir Donwink.png over the pond for heavens sake!, yet the EU/EC are playing the 'stuck in the mud' game thinking nothing is wrong and what the people want doesn't matter, they don't seem to understand everything happens for a reason and if they can't see the reason they should look in the mirror, they just don't get it and there really isn't a lot of changes needed its just all blowing up into lots of froth.

I think the EU holds the cards on this matter, they need to move first and try and play a winning hand for everyone.  Whats wrong with them coming out and saying something like.... - looking back over the last couple of years, experiencing and observing countries voting to leave the Eu and seeing many other member countries with rising "populism' we have come to the conclusion that many people within our beautiful EU are very unhappy about how we be running the show.  All this stress and hard work has made us realise perhaps we should change a few EU rules so we can try and hold the concept together and firstly we would like to extend an olive branch (white flag cool.png) to the UK and discuss with them any possible ways the EU could change itself to please the people and avoid a brexit, other members with issues could and should also contribute.  This also gives the UK parliment an opportunity to change the vote or narrative of the vote as they could issue a referendum on 'Would you stay with the EU if the EU changed some policies"  or something like that. 

It's such a bad time for the EU to implode, theres so much going on, Russia is flexing, China is China, Trump is cranky and on a mission, global debt is a nightmare and the media is in a frenzy, people are restless etc etc

Maybe Boris could change tack and get his mouth flapping with the idea that if the Eu changes we might want to stay, we are not the only Eu country with issues its time the Eu recognised the time has come for change and work towards a constructive approach together as a union of friends.  Right or wrong the people quite like Boris, he's a bit of a clown but he's got something the others haven't and while Trump is around any slip of the tongue won't matter so much.

Anyway enough of my funny ideas but i with you if the EC can change.

They do that member thing over here too the bastards, it's always niggled away at me, its like double dipping. biggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.