LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

warren buffett's investing lesson number 1!, page-2

1. 3,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    ausviet,

a good insight into an investors approach.

most people have a different approach to investing based on personal factors; short, medium, long term investing and even then most peoples views on short, medium and long are different. incomes vary, costs vary, but one thing we all share is to invest for profit.

the problem with short and mid term investing is when things change and you cannot afford to hold for longer than expected for whatever reason, the company you believed in after conducting due diligence, seems to be your worst nightmare.

personally, i would never invest in a company that i could end up holding long term, whether by choice or by force and even though Lynas medium term outlook has changed over the last 12 months, i am confident with my investment.

sales will commence, basket price will improve, sentiment will turn, and Lynas will be prepared for when the ducks line up.

if not soon, then later. if soon great, if later great. the fundamentals off a business are more important than sentiment, as long as they have access to cash to keep afloat through the hard times. well, these are the hard times, and LYC has enough cash to ride it out.

this is not advice and i am not licensed to give advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.61
Change
-0.100(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $7.113B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.49 $13.50M 1.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10000 $7.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.61 6808 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.