zbusc, this is not a competition. If you best me all you've done...

1. 6,625 Posts.
    zbusc, this is not a competition. If you best me all you've done is best a mug punter.

And it's not a few thoughts here and there of science. Let's drop our prejudices and leave them out of our posts. I have worked at understanding for a long time. I have read science papers extensively and the collective evidences of science inform me. Science has been a great aid to confirming my belief in the Bible.

I don't like the term 'Intelligent Design' because God is not intelligent, intelligent is a quotient, God is All-knowing, Unlimited.

Everything in this universe speaks to a Creator.

I believe you would agree with me when I say that God is eternal and unchanging. If you do then you must also agree with me that an unchanging God can not be a Creator one day and then not the next. So God has been the Creator for eternity, including today. Some microscopic degree of evolution has taken place today and this is an aspect of Creation. There has never been a moment and there never will be a moment when God is not the Creator and is not Creating.

With that in mind when Genesis was written about 3,500 years ago this master work was not a blow by blow literal description of God's handiwork. It was a symbolic sketch of the wonders of the handiwork of the Creator. Moses could not speak of quantum vacuums and evolution and survival of the fittest because no mind in that age could even begin to grasp such concepts. So Moses took the most popular story of the time, Gilgamesh and He wove the wonders of God's Creation through this story so that the simple souls of that era would at least feel the power of God and know that every rock and tree and every form of life was Created by God. But this Creation was not instantaneous, remember God is eternal so He does not experience time. So if it took 3 billion years of natural order and evolution to produce a human from the first form of life this is an instant for a timeless God.

Today we have developed the sciences, another gift from God, so that we might go back to Genesis and take this wonderful work and if we choose we can now replace the symbology with what we have learnt from science.

I get no more from Genesis than you do, basically it informs us in a not too dissimilar way. All I'm saying is that, yes God is the Creator but Creation is more involved than life popping up instantaneously. God is the Master of natural order and evolution.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.