Was It Designed?, page-1922

1. 6,627 Posts.
    The human reaction to the question to me is as entertaining as the answer to the question is.

Yes, so true, nice post.

Not even sure if there is an answer, or when there is the suggestion of an answer, does that answer even mean anything?

I think we are finite beings thrust into something that might be infinite, something that has a completely other-worldly explanation that will ever be beyond us, yet we remain doomed to reach for it.

I'd love to respond in a really clever way but I can't. All I have is what is in front of me, a bit of science, a wondering mind and a world full of religion, from that I have extracted for myself an unsatisfying belief, though I'm not sure it is as powerful as belief.

There must be a baseline, something that we can not go back beyond, it must have existed eternally because it could not possibly cause itself. This seems reasonable to me and I'm happy to call this God without the slightest understanding of what this is. Clearly we can't regress evolution eternally because we end up with a paradox as mentioned before, so an eternal baseline is not an unreasonable hypothesis. Such a baseline, or God, also hints at a cyclic system of coming into being over and over again, otherwise why would we be here now in this moment of eternity. i mean there is sure a lot of eternity behind us, so why now?

I think that's why it might be cyclic.

And death, a very interesting subject, surely evolution could have got a handle on death, especially if this is a benign universe without purpose or will, then living is everything, but in this universe death seems everything.

Then there is the accidental universe, we can be somewhat sure that a universe is not an accident, especially with its exactitudes and limitations imposed by what?

So it comes down to, CAUSED by some unknown force or agent, or SELF-CAUSED by itself and I can find no logic reasonable explanation in which a universe emerges via its own volition, that is causes itself before it exists, at singular point in an eternal state.

So forgive me, maybe I smoked too much weed as a youth, or maybe not enough.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.