Was It Designed?, page-1996

1. 27,700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    There is no need for an explanation for the source of God because whatever God is it is eternal and uncreated. So just as you mentioned that sometimes things contradict our experiences the notion of something being eternal is impossible to conceive.
    Likewise, there is no need for an explanation of something from nothing as the possibility is an eternal possibility and an uncreated one. At least we know what something from nothing means while we don't know what God means as you say: whatever God is.
    As for bad designs, this is irrelevant. All natural functions are adequate. I don't see God as a designer.
    I don't see God as a designer either, and if true, it leads me to believe that God is redundant.
    Well of course I attribute things to God that we don't understand because we don't understand God at all, we don't understand the nature of Creation, or how life came about and how it had the capacity to evolve all the way to us, but we can see that it forms a universe that requires staggering degrees of exactitude, it fixes natural laws and applies exacting limitations.
    Where I don't know or understand, I just say so rather than invoking a God that I don't know or understand.
    Perhaps it's the religious image of God that is the problem. I don't believe in that version of God, or any version really, it is beyond understanding, yet the need is not beyond legitimate consideration.
    For me, the image of God is not the problem because I don't have one.
    Are you suggesting that nothingness did this or its just an inherent aspect of matter, none of that makes any sense. You know the story of the monkeys at typewriters and how long before one types a Shakespearian sonnet by accident. The answer is never. Same with the universe, nothingness, this is energy, pre-matter, perturbations in a quantum vacuum will do precisely nothing if purpose and will are not exerted upon it. Something enable a universe to form.
    Those who refute evolution use the monkey/typewriter argument, I'm suggesting a possible explanation for the start of the universe which is less mysterious than a God that you say is not a designer. Does this God create and if so it appears that he creates without designing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.