Yes, critical thinking is a human failing that I have touched on...

1. 6,467 Posts.
    Yes, critical thinking is a human failing that I have touched on many times on HC. You see it with the likes of US elections, this obsession with deeply flawed men. An obsession with royalty. A complete loss of rationale after joining a fundamental religion, which is not to say other forms of religion are not positive experiences.

Critical thinking needs to be taught from kindergarten all the way through schooling.

To obliterate the self, what I meant was that in the case of somebody like Mr G, he no longer has a personal opinion. He responds with cut and paste from scripture or a pre-fab answer from the Governing Body. So Mr G is little more than a blue-tooth speaker expressing the opinions that somebody made decades ago, some may be correct and some are clearly utter nonsense.

Now this is not to say the rest of us are right, but many on HC at least have a personal opinion and that's all one can ask for. We are each unique and must strive for authentic ways to be ourselves, whilst finding ways to work closer together with others.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.