XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

was the bail out package withdrawn, page-29

1. 17,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    blueish

I am glad you brought up the ridiculous 90 pt SPI premium.

It is a huge negative and made me very despondent about what Monday brings us. We managed to string together 2 days of discounts and another would have got me slightly excited.

IMO there are two scenarios.

The obvious is that tonight is another debacle and obliterates those who were foolish enough to buy SPI contracts into today's close.

The other is what happens on Monday. In recent times we have tended to see the day ofter a low being severely sold off in the SPI. I am presuming that they get their one day wonder rally and no longer wish to hold.

That you for your views and I can see you know who are worth taking note of in a serious way, and I don't mean myself.

Can this be the mother of all collapses etc. Yes, it can.

I think all you can do is understand the parameters of normal/severe/the end, and work on the premise of the first, and figure what moves you to the next level.

I am at the extremities of "normal" in price and time and am in the great position of having a large portion of assets in cash. So I can trade both ways and take my time about long term investing.

Maybe I am getting luckier, but I was devestated by 1987, despondent in 2003, but feeling immune at the moment.

Maybe that says there is much worse to come, but I suspect I finally learned part of the game.

I'm a slow learner I admit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.